Terms & conditions
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Scrapi.com's Website, located at www.scrapi.com.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use this website if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: "Client", "You" and "Your" refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", "Ourselves", "We", "Our" and "Us", refers to our Company. "Party", "Parties", or "Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Requesting a Quote
To request a Quote, you’ll need to tell us your car registration and location address, including postcode (where known), and answer some questions about your car.
Registration and postcode lookup services
Our registration lookup service will attempt to return certain details about your car such as the make, model, derivative, year and fuel type.
Our postcode lookup service will attempt to return your address using your postcode. If you don’t know your postcode, the service will attempt to return your postcode using your address.
If you choose to use the registration and/or postcode look up services, rather than entering your details manually, it is your responsibility to ensure that the details returned are accurate, making any amendments necessary.
Questions and assumptions about the condition of your car
We may ask you some questions about the condition of your car. For any unanswered questions we may make some assumptions. Your answers and our assumptions will be shown to you alongside your Quote.
Any descriptions which accompany the questions about the car's condition have been provided by way of example only, and are intended to serve as guidance to help you choose the most appropriate answer to our questions. The partner will make the final determination about the car’s condition.
You will have the opportunity to discuss your Quote, either with us or the partner, to help to ensure that the answers you have given are appropriate, before you accept it.
Our response to your request for a Quote
We will attempt to use the details you have given us to provide you with a Quote.
Your Quote will be based on the type of car and its location, as well as your answers to our questions about its condition, and, in the case of any unanswered questions, our assumptions. These details will be confirmed to you alongside your Quote. We will also send a copy of these details to you by email, where you have provided us with your email address.
Collection or drop-off
Your Quote will be based on your car either being collected by the partner from the location which you specified, or you dropping your car off at the partner’s site.
Your Quote is guaranteed to be fixed and will not change, as long as the details on which it is based are still accurate at the point at which your car is handed over.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the details on which your Quote is based are accurate, before you accept it.
Your Quote will be saved for seven days, after which time it will expire. If you do not hand over your car within seven days, the partner may still be able to honour the price, but is under no obligation to do so.
If, at any point, we become aware of anything that affects the details on which your Quote is based, the Quote will become void. We, or the partner, may, at our/their discretion, decide to provide a new Quote, which you will have a reasonable opportunity to accept.
Your Quote will be based on the following “Minimum Requirements”:
- you are able to provide photographic ID and proof of address;
- you are the sole owner of your car, and your car is free of all finance charges, such as a hire purchase or loan agreement;
- your car is free from any additional waste, such as litter, refuse or rubbish;
- your car (or light van) has no more than 9 seats (meaning that it is category M1 or N1 of EU directive 92/61/EEC, i.e. it’s not a motorbike, minibus, motor coach or HGV); and
- (in the case of a collection) your car is accessible meaning that it is parked on solid ground with inflated tyres, so that it can be safely winched onto a recovery vehicle.
Please tell us if any of the above criteria do not apply, as the Quote provided on our site will be void. You will have the opportunity to discuss these details with us when you request a Quote. We, or our partners, may, at our/their discretion, decide to provide a new quote, which you will have a reasonable opportunity to accept.
As referred to above, we operate a free take-back service on behalf of certain vehicle manufacturers.
The following additional Minimum Requirements will apply if you wish to qualify for a free take-back:
- your car must have been made by Aston Martin, Citroen, Colt, Dacia, Daimler, Datsun, DS, Ford, Hillman, Humber, Infiniti, Iveco, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lotus, Mazda, MG, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Perodua, Peugeot, Range Rover, Renault, Simca, SsangYong, Sunbeam, Talbot, Tesla or Volvo;
- your car must contain all of its essential parts, including the battery, bodywork, seats, engine, gearbox, electronic control unit (ECU), wheels and catalytic converter (if originally fitted);
- your car must not have been significantly modified from the manufacturer’s original specification; and
- your car must not have major damage to any of its alternative fuel system components, such as that caused by an accident, collision, fire, flood, act of theft or vandalism.
The partner will not offer to collect your car in the event of a free take-back. You will be responsible for delivering your car to the partner detailed in our acceptance of your Order.
Unless otherwise stated, Scrapi.com and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Scrapi.com. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from Scrapi.com for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from Scrapi.com
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from Scrapi.com
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Scrapi.com
- Redistribute content from Scrapi.com
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. Scrapi.com does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Scrapi.com,its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Scrapi.com shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Scrapi.com reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Scrapi.com a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Website Terms through your use of our site. When a breach of these Website Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these Website Terms constitutes a material breach and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings being brought against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action being brought against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Although our site uses a comprehensive set of tools to protect it from malicious use, we do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or malware.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own malware protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing malware including viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
If any of the terms contained within these Website Terms are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable for any reason, they will be severed from the rest of the terms which shall remain unaffected.
If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Website Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.